Halvera or Havera, Shetland
HALVERA, or Havera, an isle, in the parish of Bressay, Burray and Quarff, county of Shetland; containing 37 inhabitants. It lies about two miles southward of Burra island, and half a mile, in the same direction, from West Burra; and at the entrance to Cliff sound. The isle is of small extent, and has the appearance of a high rock: the access to it is by a romantic kind of creek; and the houses seem built in dangerous situations on the brink of a precipice. There is a smaller isle, called Little Halvera.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis