GARDENSTOWN, a fishing-village, in the parish of Gamrie, county of Banff, 7 miles (E.) from Banff; containing 348 inhabitants. This place, which is situated on the eastern shore of Gamrie bay, appears to have been originally built about the year 1720, by Alexander Garden, Esq., of Troup, from whom it takes its name, and whose descendant is the present proprietor. It is neatly built at the head of the bay; and the inhabitants are chiefly employed in the fisheries off this part of the coast. The fish caught here are cod, ling, haddock, whiting, and various kinds of shell-fish, in taking which about twentyfive boats are generally engaged; and during the season, thirty-five boats, having crews of four men each, are occupied in the herring-fishery. Though small, the harbour is commodious and easy of access, affording secure shelter to the boats engaged in the fisheries: there are also three vessels belonging to the port, of 130 tons' aggregate burthen, employed in the export of grain, cattle, and fish, for the London market, and in the importation of lime, coal, salt, groceries, and other goods. Facility of communication with Aberdeen and Banff is maintained by good roads. Here is a small place of worship for Protestant dissenters of all denominations.