FIFE-KEITH, a village, in the parish of Keith, county of Banff; containing 578 inhabitants. This village lies on the banks of the Isla, adjoining to and opposite Old Keith, and is of very recent origin, having been commenced by Lord Fife, from whom it takes its name, about 1817. It is connected by two bridges over the river with Old and New Keith, the three places being now considered as one town. See Keith.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis