EASTBARNS, a village, in the parish of Dunbar, county of Haddington, 3 miles (S. E. by E.) from the town of Dunbar, on the road to Berwick; containing 125 inhabitants. It is situated near the coast of the German Ocean, in the eastern extremity of the parish, and is distant from Westbarns, a more populous village on the other side of Dunbar, about five miles. There was a Burgher meeting-house here till the year 1820, when the congregation removed to the town; and one of the parochial schools is still fixed at this place. The North-British railway passes by.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis