DUNREGGAN, a village, in the parish of Glencairn, county of Dumfries, 5½ miles (W. S. W.) from Penpont; containing 277 inhabitants. It is a well-built and thriving place, situated on the banks of the Dalwhat stream, over which is a stone bridge, forming a communication with the village of Minnyhive. The road from Dumfries to Glasgow passes in the vicinity. The population has latterly considerably increased.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis