Drumsturdy Muir, Forfarshire
DRUMSTURDY-MUIR, a village, in the parish of Monifieth, county of Forfar, 6½ miles (N. E.) from Dundee; containing 176 inhabitants. It is situated on both sides of the old road from Dundee to Arbroath, and is long and straggling. In its immediate vicinity is the Hill of Laws, on which are the remains of a fortification, the stones bearing the marks of vitrification or fusion. A considerable quantity of gold coins was found a few years since near this spot.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis