DRUMLITHIE, a village, in the parish of Glenbervie, county of Kincardine, 6 miles (W. S. W.) from Stonehaven; containing 397 inhabitants. It lies in the southern part of the parish, a short distance west of the high road from Stonehaven to Laurencekirk, and about a mile east-north-east of the church. The Aberdeen railway has a station here. The inhabitants are principally weavers and shoemakers. Here are an episcopal chapel, a place of worship for members of the Free Church, and a small school.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis