West Woodyates, Dorset
Woodyates, West, formerly extra-parochial, is now a parish in Dorsetshire, 11 miles from Salisbury station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Salisbury. United acreage and population of East and West Woodyates, 990 and 49. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
West Woodyates was in Wimborne Registration District from 1837 to 1933
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Woodyates from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Woodyates, West)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the Dorset County Chronicle and the Sherborne Mercury online.
The Visitation of Dorset, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.