West Moors, Dorset
West Moors, a railway station in the E of Dorsetshire, on the L. & S.W.R, 105 miles from London, and 4 NNE of Wimborne Minster.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Diocese||Bristol||1542 - 1836|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
West Moors was in Blandford Registration District from 1956 to 1956 and Poole Registration District from 1956 to 1974
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Dorset is available to browse.
Online maps of West Moors are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the Dorset County Chronicle and the Sherborne Mercury online.