CRAIGROTHIE, a village, in the parish of CERES, district of CUPAR, county of FIFE, 1 mile (W.) from Ceres; containing 308 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Kennoway to Cupar, and near Struthers, the old seat of the Earls of Crawfurd. It has a bailie and council, and its rural corporation was greatly patronized by the last earl. A school has been built by subscription.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Craigrothie are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)