Conanbridge, Ross and Cromarty
CONANBRIDGE, a village, in the parish of URQUHART and LOGIE WESTER, county of ROSS and CROMARTY, 3 miles (S. by W.) from Dingwall; containing 342 inhabitants. This is a prosperous village, situated in the vicinity of a bridge over the river Conan or Conon, and on the road between Inverness and Dingwall. The bridge is of five arches, with 265 feet of water-way, and was erected under the auspices of the parliamentary commissioners, by whom it was approved in Oct. 1809.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis