COLLIESTON, a village, in the parish of SLAINS, district of ELLON, county of ABERDEEN, 6 miles (E. by S.) from Ellon; containing 357 inhabitants. This is a maritime village, situated on the eastern coast, and inhabited chiefly by fishermen, who obtain a comfortable livelihood by taking various kinds of white-fish, but especially haddock and cod, which are cured and sent in large quantities to Leith, Glasgow, and London.-See SLAINS.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Collieston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)