COALSNAUGHTON, a village, in the parish of TILLICOULTRY, county of CLACKMANNAN, 3 miles (N.E.) from Alloa, containing 691 inhabitants. It lies on the road to Stirling, not far from the river Devon, and is inhabited chiefly by colliers.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Coalsnaughton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)