St Clairtown, Fifeshire
CLAIRTOWN, ST., a village, in the parish of DYSART, county of FIFE, ½ a mile (N. N. E.) from Kirkcaldy, containing 1511 inhabitants. This village is part of that of Pathhead, of which it forms the more modern portion, being separated only by the great road to Dundee. It is built upon the estate of St. Clair, or Sinclair, the property of the Earl of Rosslyn, extending in one continued line for about a mile northwards. The inhabitants are chiefly weavers. Great facility of intercourse is afforded by the Edinburgh, Perth, and Dundee railway.-See PATHHEAD.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis