CHAPEL, a village, in the parish of ABBOTSHALL, district of KIRKCALDY, county of FIFE, 2 miles (N. W.) from Kirkcaldy; containing 159 inhabitants. It lies in the northern part of the parish, and nearly on the borders of the parish of Dysart.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Chapel are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)