CAMERON, a parish, in the district of ST. ANDREW's, county of FIFE, 4 miles (S. S. W.) from St. Andrew's, containing 1167 inhabitants. This place was formerly included in the parish of St. Andrew's, and appears to have derived its name from the lands on part of which the church was erected on its separation, by act of parliament, in 1645. The parish is nearly six miles in length from east to west, and about four miles in breadth, comprising 9000 acres, of which 5904 are arable, 2226 meadow and pasture, 600 woodland and plantations, and 270 rough pasture and waste. Its surface rises in gentle undulations, from north to south, but not to any cousiderable height; and an eminence to the north-west, called Drumcarro Craig, is the only hill. The general scenery is agreeably diversified with wood and water. Between the rising grounds are small intervals of level land, in which flow some pleasing streams; and the various plantations, consisting chiefly of larch, spruce, and Scotch firs, add greatly to the appearance of the district. In some places the soil is clay; in others, a rich black loam, varying in depth from two inches to more than two feet; and in other parts of the parish, light and dry, resting upon gravel and whinstone rock. The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley, potatoes, and turnips, with the usual green crops; the system of agriculture is in a highly improved state, and the lands have been well drained and inclosed. Considerable attention is paid to the rearing of live stock; the cattle are principally of the Old Fifeshire breed, which has lately been introduced, and is found to be better adapted than the Teeswater, formerly prevalent. The annual value of real property in the parish is £8219. The substrata are mostly whinstone, trap, freestone, limestone, and coal. The limestone is quarried on the lands of Radernie and Winthank, and from the former place a tramroad has been constructed for conveying the limestone to the kilns. Coal of good quality is wrought on the lands of Drumcarro, the Whinstone is quarried for repairing the roads, and at Hazzleden is a quarry of freestone. Mount Melville, the only seat, is a handsome mansion with a well-planted demesne. Ecclesiastically the parish is in the presbytery of St. Andrew's, synod of Fife, and in the patronage of the Crown; the minister's stipend is £199. 12. 8., with a manse, and a glebe valued at £10 per annum. The church, situated nearly in the centre of the parish, was built in 1808, and is adapted for 600 persons. There is a place of worship for the United Presbyterian Synod. The parochial school is under good regulations; the master has a salary of £34, with £12. 10. fees, and a house and garden.