UK Genealogy Archives logo

Brownfield, Lanarkshire

Historical Description

BROWNFIELD, for a time a quoad sacra parish; consisting of part of the parish of ST. GEORGE, in the city of Glasgow, county of LANARK; and containing 2525 inhabitants. This place, which forms part of the suburb of Anderston, is situated on the north bank of the Clyde, and to the west of the Broomielaw Quay. The church is a neat structure.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis