BRODICK, a village, in the parish of KILBRIDE, Isle of ARRAN, county of BUTE; containing 163 inhabitants. It is seated in a semicircular bay of the same name, on the eastern coast of the island, defended at its entrance by the islet of Lamlash, or Holy Island; and to the south is a lighthouse. The castle of Brodick, now called Arran House, stands on an eminence above the bay. A place of worship has been built, and one of the parochial schools is situated in the village. An annual fair is held.-See KILBRIDE.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis