Bridgend, Ross and Cromarty
BRIDGEND, a village, in the parish of ROSSKEEN, county of ROSS and CROMARTY; containing 413 inhabitants. This place is also called the Bridgend of Allness, it being considered as part of the village of Allness, the other part of which is in the parish of that name, the river Allness dividing the entire village into nearly equal portions. A market, chiefly for cattle, is held here monthly. At Mossfield, in the vicinity, is a school, established in the year 1824.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis