BONNINGTON, a village, in the parish of Ratho, county of Edinburgh, 1¾ mile (S. W.) from Ratho; containing 132 inhabitants. It is situated east of the Amond water, and a short distance north of the road between Edinburgh and East Calder. Ratho House, a modern mansion, is in the vicinity. In the village is a small school.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis