BON-ACCORD, for a time a quoad sacra parish, in the parish of Old Aberdeen, district and county of Aberdeen; containing 5170 inhabitants. This district, which comprises about twenty-eight acres, and is wholly situated within the town of Old Aberdeen, was separated in 1834, and continued for some years a quoad sacra parish. The church was built in 1823, by a congregation of Scottish Baptists, from whom it was purchased in 1828, as a chapel of ease to the parish church, at an expense of £1250; it is a neat structure, containing 840 sittings. There are congregations of the Free Church and Baptists; several Sabbath schools, and a library of 500 volumes.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis