BISHOPTON, a village, in the parish of Erskine, Upper ward of the county of Renfrew; containing 315 inhabitants. It is a modern village, situated on the south side of the Firth of Clyde, a short distance north of the road from Port-Glasgow to Paisley; and a post-office under the latter town has been established, having three daily deliveries.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Bishopton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)