BIGGA-ISLE, in the two parishes of Delting, and Mid and South Yell, county of Shetland. It is a small isle, lying between the Mainland of Shetland and the island of Yell, in the sound of Yell. Half of it belongs to the parish of Mid and South Yell, and half to that of Delting. The inhabitants consist of a few families who pasture black-cattle and sheep.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis