Long Stanton St Michael, Cambridgeshire
St. Matthew is an ecclesiastical parish within the borough and union of Cambridge, formed in 1870 out of the parish of St Andrew the Less. See Cambridge for a full description. The living of St Matthew is a vicarage; gross yearly value, £333 with residence, in the gift of the vicar of St Andrew the Less.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Long Stanton St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Chesterton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Long Stanton St Michael from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stanton, Long (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Long Stanton St Michael are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.