BERRIEDALE, for a time a quoad sacra parish, in the parish of Latheron, county of Caithness, 27 miles (S. E.) from Wick; containing 1750 inhabitants. This district, which lies on the coast, between the Ord of Caithness and the harbour of Dunbeath, was separated from Latheron in 1833. The church, which is close to the sea-shore, was erected by government in 1826, at an expense of £750; it is a neat structure, containing 312 sittings. The minister has a stipend of £120, paid by government, with a manse and small glebe provided by the late, and continued by the present, Mr. Home, proprietor of Langwell. About three miles from Berriedale is a small place of worship for members of the Free Church. A parochial school in connexion with this district has been built at Dunbeath by William Sinclair, Esq., of Freswick, at an expense of £300; and there are also a school supported by the General Assembly, and a Sabbath school. The place gives the title of Baron to the Earl of Caithness.