BARNYARDS, a village, in the parish of Kilconquhar, district of St. Andrew's, county of Fife; containing 232 inhabitants. It adjoins the village of Kilconquhar, which lies to the north of Elie, and of which, although it retains a separate name, it may now be said to form a part.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Barnyards are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)