BANKHEAD, for a time a quoad sacra parish or district, in the parish of Midmar, district of Kincardine-O'Neil, county of Aberdeen, 4 miles from Leggerdale. It lies about a mile north of the road from Aberdeen to Tarland, and two miles south of that to Alford; the soil of the district is generally light, and far from being productive. The population is chiefly engaged in agriculture: and the females employ themselves, to a large extent, in stocking-weaving. The quoad sacra parish was within the bounds of the synod of Aberdeen and presbytery of Kincardine O'Neil; and the election of the minister was vested in the communicants. The church, now belonging to the Free Church, is a plain substantial building, erected in 1832, by subscription, and seated for 300 persons; it stands in the north-western part of the parish of Midmar, adjoining the parishes of Kincardine O'Neil and Cluny. In the vicinity are a few Druidical remains and Pictish encampments, but none of them are of sufficient importance to require a particular description.
Online maps of Bankhead are available from a number of sites: