BALMULLO, a village, in the parish of Leuchars, district of St-Andrew's, county of Fife, 6 miles (E. S. E.) from St. Andrew's; containing 274 inhabitants. This village is pleasantly situated on the road to Dundee, and chiefly inhabited by persons employed in weaving and in agriculture. There is a place of worship for United Original Seceders.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Balmullo are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)