Frilford, a township in Marcham parish, Berks, near the river Ock, 4 miles N of Abingdon. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Abingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Here is a Congregational chapel, erected in 1841, with 200 sittings.
Frilford was in Abingdon Registration District from 1837 to 1974
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Frilford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Frilford)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Berkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Frilford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Berkshire papers online:
The Visitations of Berkshire 1532, 1566, and 1665-6 is available online.