AUCHLEVEN, a village, in the parish of PREMNAY, district of GARIOCH, county of ABERDEEN; containing 107 inhabitants. It is seated in the south of the parish, on the road from Insch to Keig, which at this place crosses the river Gady by a light bridge of two arches, built in 1836. The manufacture of woollen cloth is carried on here, on a small scale; and a corn-mill in the village is turned by the water of Gady.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, 1851 by Samuel Lewis
Online maps of Auchleven are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)