TULLOWCRINE, a parish, in the barony of IDRONE WEST, county of CARLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 5¼ miles (S. W.) from Carlow, on the road from Leighlin-bridge to Castlecomer, and on the river Barrow; containing 1348 inhabitants. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Leighlin, forming part of the union of Old Leighlin: the rectory is appropriate to the Dean and Chapter. The tithes amount to £300 In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Leighlin-bridge.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tullowcrine from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carlow is available to browse.