TUBRID, a parish, in the barony of IVERK, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 9½ miles (S. by W.) from Knocktopher; containing 213 inhabitants, and comprising 980 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £525 per annum. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Fiddown the tithes amount to £50. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Moncoin. A day school, in which about 100 children are taught, is aided by contributions from the parish priest; and a Sunday school is held in the R. C. chapel.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tubrid from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.