TRIMLESTOWN, an ancient chapelry, in the parish of TRIM, in the barony of UPPER NAVAN, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (W. N. W.) from Trim, on the road to Mullingar: the population is returned with the parish. Within the limits of this chapelry stands an imposing pile, in the style of architecture prevalent in the 16th century, with square windows, embattled parapets, and ornamented towers, formerly the seat of Lord Trimlestown, contiguous to which is a small chapel, the burial-place of the Barnewall family. It gives the title of Baron Trimlestown to that family.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Trimlestown from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.