TEMPLEPETER, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of CARLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S. E. by S.) from Carlow, on the road to Fennagh, and on the river Burren; containing 349 inhabitants. Granite is plentiful, and the state of agriculture is improving. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Leighlin, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £64. 10. The Protestant inhabitants attend divine service in the parish church of Dunleckney. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Dunleckney. There is a private school, in which about 100 children are instructed. The ruins of the old church remain.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Templepeter from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carlow is available to browse.