UK Genealogy Archives logo

Templeoughter, Antrim

Historical Description

TEMPLEOUGHTER, a parish, in the barony of UPPER GLENARM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, adjoining the post-town of Glenarm, and on the Glenarm water: the population is returned with the parish of Ticmacrevan, by which this parish is entirely enclosed; nearly two-thirds of it are barren mountain. It is ecclesiastically consolidated with Ticmacrevan, which see. A small fragment of the ancient church is still remaining on the lawn in front of the castle of Glenarm, near the principal entrance. The church of the union was built about 55 years since by act of council within the limits of this parish, and in a situation convenient for both parishes.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Templeoughter from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Antrim is available to browse.