Templemartin or St Martin, Kilkenny
TEMPLEMARTIN, or ST. MARTIN, a parish, in the barony of GOWRAN, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2¼ miles (E.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Dublin; containing 17 inhabitants, and comprising 747 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, entirely appropriate to the vicars choral of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny; the tithes amount to £77. 6. 8. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of St. Canice.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Templemartin or St Martin from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Templemartin or St. Martin)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.