STONEYFORD, a village, partly in the parish of ENNISNAG, barony of SHILLELOGHER, but chiefly in that of CHURCH-JERPOINT, barony of KNOCKTOPHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 6 miles (S.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Waterford; containing 74 houses and 445 inhabitants. It is a chief station of the constabulary police, and has a penny post to Thomastown. Petty sessions are held every alternate week. Here is a neat R. C. chapel, also a dispensary and fever hospital, maintained in the customary manner; and schools for boys and girls, and one for infants, are patronised by Mr. and Mrs. Flood, of Flood Hall.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stoneyford from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.