ROSINAN, a parish, in the barony of KNOCKTOPHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (N. N. W.) from Waterford, on the road to Kilkenny; containing 1130 inhabitants, and comprising 5105½ statute acres. It is in the diocese of Ossory; the rectory is appropriate to the vicars choral of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny, and the vicarage forms part of the union of Kilbeacon. The tithes amount to £207, of which £138 is payable to the vicars choral, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Kilmacow.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Rosinan from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.