UK Genealogy Archives logo

Roscomroe, Kings County

Historical Description

ROSCOMROE, a parish, in the barony of BALLYBRIT, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 6 miles (S. E. by E.) from Parsonstown, on the road from Roscrea to Tullamore; containing 1287 inhabitants. It is situated on the confines of the Queen's county, and is bounded on the east by the Slieve Bloom mountains. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Kinnitty: the rectory is impropriate in the representatives of the late J. Curtis, Esq. The tithes amount to £88. 12. 3¾., of which £33. 4. 7½. is payable to the impropriators, and the remainder to the vicar: the glebe comprises 20 acres. In the R. C. divisions also it is part of the union or district of Kinnitty.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Roscomroe from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for King's is available to browse.