ROBERTSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of LOWER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2¾ miles (S. W.) from Nobber, on the road to Kells; containing 335 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1640 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; the land is of good quality and chiefly in pasture. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Newtown: the tithes amount to £76. 10. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Stahalmock. About 90 children are educated in two private schools.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Robertstown from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.