RATHROE, a parish, in the barony of SHELBURNE, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (E.) from Arthurstown: the population is returned with the parish of St. James. This parish, which has long since merged for civil purposes into those of St. James and Dunbrody, is estimated to contain 3981 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is an impropriate curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, annexed to those of St. James and Dunbrody: the rectory is impropriate in Lord Templemore, to whom the tithes, amounting to £82. 18. 10., are payable. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the district of Hook.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Rathroe from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.