RATHREGAN, a parish, in the barony of RATOATH, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (S. by W.) from Dunshaughlin, on the road from Dublin to Trim; containing 325 inhabitants. This parish comprises 2481 statute acres of tolerably good land, mostly pasture. Here is a constabulary police station. Parsonstown is the residence of the Hon. Major Stanhope. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Dunshaughlin; the tithes amount to £120, and the glebe, consisting of 23 acres, is valued at £40 per annum. The glebe-house of the union is within the parish; it was built in 1822 by aid of a loan of £562 from the late Board of First Fruits. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, called Batterstown, comprising the parishes of Rathregan, Bailymaglasson, Balfeaghan, Raddonstown, Kilcloon, and Moyglare; and containing three chapels. There is a school in the vicinity of the chapel of Rathregan.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Rathregan from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.