UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Pollardstown, Kildare

Historical Description

POLLARDSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of EAST OPHALY, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Kildare, on the road to Milltown; containing 278 inhabitants. It is situated on the Grand Canal and near the border of the Curragh of Kildare, and comprises 1273 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. Within its limits is Rathbride House, the seat of Thos. Pottinger, Esq. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Kildare, forming part of the union of Thomastown: the tithes amount to £75. 3. 4½. In the R. C. divisions it is partly in the union or district of Allen and Milltown, and partly in that of Rathangan. About 40 children are educated in a private school.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Pollardstown from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kildare is available to browse.

Advertisement

Advertisement