UK Genealogy Archives logo

Owey or Wye, Donegal

Historical Description

OWEY, or WYE, an island, in the parish of TEMPLECROAN, barony of BOYLAGH, county of DONEGAL, and province of ULSTER, 5 miles (N.) from Rutland; containing 76 inhabitants. It forms one of the group of islands called the Rosses, situated off the north-western coast.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Owey or Wye from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Donegal is available to browse.