Newtown-Clonbun or Newtown-Trim, Meath
NEWTOWN-CLONBUN, or NEWTOWN-TRIM, a parish, in the barony of UPPER NAVAN, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, adjacent to Trim; containing 373 inhabitants. The parish, which is also called St. Mary's Newtown, is situated on the river Boyne, and comprises 971¾ statute acres of land, chiefly arable, and entirely the property of Sir Chas. Dillon, of Lismullen, Bart. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Trim: the tithes, amounting to £46. 3. 1., were purchased from the Ashe family by the late Board of First Fruits, as an augmentation to the vicarage of Trim. In the R. C. divisions also it is included in the union or district of Trim. About 80 children are educated in a private school. Within the limits of the parish are some interesting remains of religious houses, described in the article on Trim.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.