UK Genealogy Archives logo

Newtown, Kings County

Historical Description

NEWTOWN, a village, in the parish of LUSMAGH, barony of GARRYCASTLE, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 1½ mile (S.) from Banagher, on the road from Parsonstown to Cloghan castle; containing 59 houses and 348 inhabitants. Here is a station of the constabulary police.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Newtown from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for King's is available to browse.