NEWBRIDGE, a village, in the parish of CASTLEMACADAM, barony of BALLINACOR, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 4½ miles (S.) from Rathdrum, to which it has a penny post: the population is returned with the parish. It is pleasantly situated in the vale of Ovoca, on the eastern bank of the river of that name, and near the mail road from Dublin to Wexford. It gives name, with Baranisky, to the R. C. union or district, and contains a neat chapel, to which a national school is attached.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newbridge from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.