MURROE, a village, in that part of the parish of ABINGTON which is in the barony of OWNEYBEG, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 8 miles (E. S. E.) from Limerick, on the road from Abington to Newport; containing 41 dwellings and 256 inhabitants. This little village stands near the boundary of the counties of Tipperary and Limerick, in the vicinity of the Slieve-Phelim range of mountains; though very favourably situated for trade, it is a poor, neglected place. It is a constabulary police station; and has fairs on April 29th, and Oct. 27th. Here is a R. C. chapel, a large handsome building; also a dispensary.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Murroe from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Limerick is available to browse.