UK Genealogy Archives logo

Mount-Bolus, Kings County

Historical Description

MOUNT-BOLUS, a village, in the parish of KILLAUGHEY, barony of BALLYBOY, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S.) from Frankford, on the southern road to Tullamore; containing 30 dwellings and 164 inhabitants. Here is a station of the constabulary police; also the R. C. chapel for this part of the district of Frankford.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Mount-Bolus from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for King's is available to browse.