LISDOWNEY, a village, in the parish of AHARNEY, barony of GALMOY, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S.) from Durrow, on the road to Kilkenny; containing 28 houses and 162 inhabitants. It is situated on the confines of Queen's county, and contains the chapel giving name to the R. C. union or district, which latter comprises the parishes of Aharney, Sheffin, Balleen, and Coolcashin, and parts of Rathbeagh and Grange.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lisdowney from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.